When it is a time to feed the toddler, it is quite a challenging period for parents. Their moods to eating food can be fluctuating; today they may have the food and another day they can refuse the same food. Or it can also happen that, a toddler may eat the same kind of food for a long period, and then it can become tough for you to get all the required nutrition’s every day.
Toddlers are fluctuating in their eating habits just because there is a giant stuff going on during their development phase. It is possible that a growth may slow down resulting in decreasing their appetite. They can reject the food which is not known to them or not familiar to them. As they just want the food which is of their taste, and so hesitate to try a new taste. This can result in pressure from parents to eat food or stressing children to have some vegetables though they do not want them to try in their meals.
Toddlers always want to have independence especially when they separate from their parents. They always try to get your reaction by doing several things such as throwing food plate and noticing how does you react and many other similar things. Toddlers always want to search something different and new and they start knowing the power of the word “no”. And this can be seen in their eating as well.
Of course, it is going to be the challenging phase for parents to feed the toddler, but one should not forget that it is going to create a long-term healthy relationship with nutritional food. Apart from proper nourishment, healthy and nutritional meals every time are always an important factor.
Tips for feeding toddlers are mentioned below:
- Try to get the toddler to the big table, as it helps them to learn various things from the others who are present at the meal time.
- Try to give your toddler a food which you all eat does not cook a separate meal for him. It is just that try to make the different texture of the food so that they can easily have it.
- Always try to create a schedule of their meal and snack time. You must feed a toddler every two to three hours to ensure that he gets all the required nutrition’s throughout the day and he is always full. If you hate mess, you can use placemats for the table top go to this website bibiluv.com and you can give your toddler a special gift for their mealtime by which they can enjoy their meal.
- Try to feed him different types of food, ignoring his no” every time. Always offer a food which was rejected by him, in this way you can turn him up to accept the variety of food in a shorter period of time.
- Avoid pressurizing a toddler to eat one more bite, or finishing a meal, it can word opposite, as a result, a toddler may eat less or may refuse every dish that is offered by you. It may lead to less nutrition and less appetite. A toddler may never want to eat a food which was offered by you and your ant them to eat it.
- A food quantity must be smaller in size as small kids need a smaller amount of food than their other siblings.
- Be patient and positive, it is the process and it is going to become a longer one. Keep the food balanced and nutritional meals.
- Do not ever offer food rewards as it may become misleading to have unhealthy food habits.
These tips are surely going to help a toddler to have nutritional and healthy meals the whole day.